Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Inchie Challenge

This is totally not photography - but it's creative, so I figured I'd post it here.

The Inchie Challenge is a watercolor thing Renee turned me on to last year. You get a prompt and are supposed to do art on this little "Inch" paper.  She usually does watercolor, so I got a small little watercolor pallet. They did this challenge for 12 days. I'm no artist at all, but I found myself really enjoying myself so I signed up again this year, but it was only 7 days. So, I opted to join her website to continue through the month of August. It's called Mindful Art Studio. I've so loved doing these! Thought I'd share them all in one place.

Wildflower

Sprinkles

Blue. I had an idea, but then I just started mixing all the blues together and then traced the blob.

Landscape. I do love the weirdness of watercolor

Lines

Eucalyptus. This one surprised me. Now yes - I did look up Koala on the internet to get something to look at, but I was surprised how much I liked him! How cute is he!

Complicate. Um, what's more complicated than being a woman

Seed

Petal. I tried to cover the whole sheet with petals. But some lovely woman in the group said "You did the green - so you did cover the whole thing!" I love this group.

Surround. I kept thinking "Surround yourself with music"

Dotted. Didn't know where this was going to go but of course it went in the direction of a flower!

Orange

This prompt was "Repeat" it seems a lot of the other folks in the group just repeated an Inchie we'd already done - I went a different direction and repeated a bunch of things I love.

Fruit. Um....obvi I went here!
Brown  - all I could think of was a tree trunk!

Emerge. I kept trying to draw a cocoon and failing, so I came up with this

Circles

Fields

Sharp (A gal the group said it reminded her of Piet Mondrian!)
Universe

Soft

Variation

Striped

Tiny. Dolly Parton passed away this day, and her favorite flower was a yellow rose.


Wings

Night

This wasn't part of the challenge - Libby liked my Koala so much, I made her a Panda!

Mystery

Oval. Got a little impatient here. I do need to learn to let things dry in between....

Flight

Purify

My entire collection from the August Inchie Challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment